Sunday, June 2, 2013

Thoughts on Writing outside the classroom

When I came inside from the 20 minute exercise I was walking up the stairwell and I noticed a girl that was coming down and she was cute but I saw that she was walking in a strange manner. She was holding the railing and sorta limping in an odd fashion, almost like throwing one of her legs to the side every stair she descended. I looked at the leg she was doing this with and saw that from below her kneecap she had around a 4 inch scar in a line that was clearly the result from an operation and definently the reason for her limp. When i saw her I was listening to headphones,when i saw the scar I completely forgot about the music then started wondering how she got it, If it was some crazy accident,What effect it had on her life,if she played sports before it happened,If something like that happend to me how hard would it be to deal with? When I reached the third floor I pulled out my notebook turned to my section on the writing outside the classroom and wrote-'A girl limping down stairs,A four inch scar below her knee, a direct result from the surgery'. I looked at that again then I realized almost every note that I took from the exercise I wrote in a Poetic fashion Without any intention of doing so. As much as I dog poetry I have learned a small amount about it and I'm not going to say I'm in love with it ......But I definently dislike it less.I thought about this and about the girl for awhile after class so the end result is I decided that I am going to turn my notes from the exercise into a poem because it makes sence and it just happened by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment